Sunday, January 18, 2009

Getting down to the Nitty-Gritty!

How do I get down to the Nitty-Gritty?
To all of us it is different and the basics are very different for each of us.
This is not a New Year hang-over wake up call. Jeez, I was home alone and
had 3 glasses of wine. It's a wake up call about what I want to see in my future
and where I want to be in the future.
10 years ago I was a extrovert. Life of the party, always on the go, had to return every
phone call. Couldn't sit still had to keep the world moving around me.
How many credits could I take in college, how many hours could I delivers pizzas
2 or 3 nights a week? How much time could I put into Student Senate in a week?
How many Senate trips can I do in a month? I did it!!!
Did it all turn out the way it was planned? Nope!
Before all that, I had a daughter on January 22, 1998.
I was with her father for a while. It was both our faults it didn't work.
I always thought I was tyring to make it work. I was so wrong.
But I moved forward.
Really? Where has this forward taken me?
After 10 years here I am. I live in Central Minnesota.
It has been a great pausing place and I love being back by the lakes I grew up with.
I am very happy that we have lots of Snow, but the Cold has really taken a toll.
So the Nitty-Gritty of this is now what?
Get to the heart of what I want for the future?
I really do want to stay in the country. Set my own pace for every day for my daughter and I.
But I really want to be more connected to Peeps...
I guess I have a lot of thinking, and pro and con lists to work out.
Maybe I should pick up a large map, some pins and a blindfold.
Ha Just Kidding!!! Kinda


No comments:

Post a Comment